Scallops with Attitude
“An amazing starter or party piece for nibbles before dinner or a buffet!”
About 20 fresh, large Scallops, without roe
10 to 20 rashers of maple-flavoured Streaky Bacon (see recipe*1)
large can containing 20 Water Chestnuts
Pepper to garnish
Fresh Red Chilli, if desired as an optional extra
- Place the scallop on a chopping board and generously season with pepper.
- Place a single water chestnut on top of the scallop.
- Wrap the scallop with water chestnut on top with the bacon pieces. You may only need half a rasher*1, if the rashers are long to wrap each scallop but it depends on size of both the scallops and bacon. You can wrap in a few slithers of chilli pepper at this point if you want the dish to have some kick.
- Grill in a hot oven until the bacon is crispy on top.
- Serve immediately with champagne cocktails.
“This dish is simple but a definite crowd pleaser, the tray WILL be empty very quickly when you offer this starter to your guests!”