Pistachio Ice Cream
“A unique exotic dessert!
2 – 4 teaspoons of Pistachio Paste (adjust to your taste for delicacy)
290ml or 0.5 pint Double Cream
2 large eggs separated
2 oz. of Icing Sugar, sifted
2 teaspoons of Caster Sugar
a few drops of Vanilla Extract
- First whisk the egg whites with an electric whisk until stiff.
- Gradually add the icing sugar to the egg whites whilst whisking.
- Separately in another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, caster sugar and vanilla extract until thick and creamy.
- Add the pistachio paste to the egg yolk mixture, and whisk until mixed throughout without lumps.
- Add the double cream and whisk into a smooth, thick mixture.
- Combine the two mixtures using a scooping motion to keep the mixture light and aerated.
- Transfer to an ice cream machine and freeze until frozen. Alternatively, place in a bowl suitable for the freezer and regularly churn the mixture with a spoon.
- Serve with brandy snap baskets, with the ice cream placed in the centre.
- This ice cream has a unique taste and is certain to impress guests.
“An ice cream which is simple the best!”
Note: Raw eggs should not be eaten by pregnant women. This recipe contains nuts as a key ingredient and may cause allergies if you have a nut or other allergy.