Lamb Ratatouille with Rice
“This dish is a good way to ensure you receive your vegetable intake in the nicest possible way!”
1 oz Butter, for frying chops
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
2 lean Lamb Chops or Cutlets per person (say 8 for this dish)
2 large Green Peppers, cut into chunks of about 0.5 inch
2 medium Onions, chopped into 0.5 inch chunks
2 Courgettes, cut into thick slices, then quartered
2 small Aubergines, cut into 0.5 inch chunks
1 large can (approx. 400g) chopped Tomatoes, drained
2 tablespoons Tomato Puree
0.5 teaspoon mixed herbs, like oregano, parsley, thyme
1 level teaspoon Paprika
2 oz Butter, for frying ratatouille
1 Chicken Stock Cube
freshly ground Rock Salt and Pepper to season
- Melt the butter and oil in meat tin, then add chops, after sprinkling with the herbs.
- Cook the chops in the oven at 160 degrees for 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile prepare the ratatouille in a large saucepan, by firstly melting the butter.
- Add the onions and peppers and fry for about 5 minutes gently.
- Stir in the courgettes and aubergines and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, chopped tomatoes and paprika; then crumble stock cube into mixture and simmer for a few minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Spoon the mixture over the chops and return meat tray to oven and cook for 20 minutes at about 150 degrees.
- Serve with boiled rice, which is drained before completely cooked and then baked in a casserole in the oven with a knob of butter.
- Serve hot with tall, cool drinks or white wine spritzers.
“Sunny vegetables in a scrummy dish!”