Chocolate and Cardamom Bread
“This recipe offers a uniquely tasty bread!!"
2 cups of Strong Bread Flour
1/3 cup of Cacao
2 tablespoons Plain Flour
1 oz melted and cooled Butter
1 tablespoon Soft Brown Sugar
1 Level teaspoon of Fast-Acting Yeast
2 tablespoons powdered Milk
Large pinch of Salt
1 Large Egg
1/3 cup of lukewarm Milk
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
5 Cardamom Pods, Shelled and Seeds ground to powder
a generous handful of Dark Chocolate Chips
- Sift the flours and salt into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar, cacao, milk powder, yeast and cardamom.
- Stir ingredients until fully mixed.
- Make a well in the centre, to add the wet ingredients.
- Add the cooled butter, milk, egg and vanilla extract and stir in with fork.
- Mix until the mixture forms a firm dough.
- Knead with the knuckles until the dough is smooth for around 10 minutes.
- Rest the dough in the bowl covered with cling film for about 1 hour.
- Roll out on a floured surface into a large round of width of the bread tin.
- Baste the dough with a layer of water.
- Roll up to form a swiss-roll and place in baking tin.
- Prick top with a fork and baste wth water.
- Bake for 20 minutes, and tap to test for hollow sound to show dough is fully cooked.
- Cool and serve with toppings.
“Uniquely tasty Chocolate Bread!"