“One of my absolute favourite desserts from Provence in the South of France!”
1 Large Punnet of Cherries, stoned or unstoned (your choice)
80 g Caster Sugar
2 Large Eggs
150 ml Milk
90 g Plain Flour, sifted
30 g Butter, melted
1 teaspoon of extract of Vanilla
Seeds from a Vanilla Pod
- Grease a 20cm round ovenproof dish with butter (metal and about 1 inch deep).
- Sprinkle caster sugar over the buttered surface until base and side is fully coated.
- Break eggs into large bowl and add caster sugar.
- Whisk until thick and creamy.
- Add the sifted flour and continue to whisk the mixture.
- Add the milk to the mixture and continue to whisk.
- Stir in the melted butter, vanilla extract and seeds from the pod.
- Whisk until fully dispersed then pour into the shallow baking dish.
- Arrange the cherries evenly into the mixture, with topsides down so they stay in place.
- Bake in an oven set to high heat, like 180 degrees for 35 minutes until well risen, dark golden coloured and crispy.
- Cool and then sprinkle with sifted icing sugar.
- Serve with a lemon mascarpone cheese mixture, which is simply made by adding lemon rind and juice to your taste to the mascarpone cream cheese.
“A lovely dessert which can be enjoyed hot or cold. Another unique recipe for a stunning summertime pudding!”