Butternut Squash and Red Pepper Soup
“A soup with depth and flavour!”
1 oz Butter
1 large Butternut Squash, peeled and deseeded
2 Red Peppers, sweet and long variety
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
2 cloves of Garlic, sliced finely
1 teaspoon freshly chopped Rosemary
0.5 pint (284 mls) Chicken Stock
0.5 pint (284 mls) Vegetable Stock
5 fl. oz Double Cream
ground White pepper to season
- Place the pepper and butternut squash pieces on a piece of foil and roast until cooked.
- Remove the peppers and butternut squash from the oven and allow to cool.
- Peel the skins from the peppers and chop the peppers.
- Fry the garlic in the butter and olive oil gently for a few minutes.
- Add the peppers and butternut squash and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped rosemary and season with white pepper.
- Add the stock and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Puree the mixture or simply mush if you prefer a more natural soup.
- Add the cream and gently heat through.
- Serve with chopped parsley and freshly grated pepper.
“This is definitely a full course meal, so make sure you are starving before preparing this unique soup recipe!”